REST API: Best Practices and Lessons Learned
The recording of our November Cherwell Advanced Practitioner webinar on the topic of REST API Best Practices is now available!
Our host, Eric Krueger, presented on Cherwell REST API best practices and lessons learned. Content includes tips for building REST API based applications connected to Cherwell, what the new Cherwell API features mean for you, and how to solve for some of the Cherwell API complexities.
This webinar covers such topics as analyzing Cherwell for performance issues and resolving those issues once found. Principle Consultant, Eric Krueger, dives into Health Check, indexing, query optimization, and more. Gain insight into keeping your Cherwell system fast and responsive.Read More
StrataCom continues to release new features in our StrataCom Native Mobile client for Cherwell. Here’s a snapshot of what’s new:
- The updated Native app can now search multiple fields in our type-ahead list picker
- For Customer lookup, one can type in Name, Email Address, Phone Number or any other field that’s stored in the customer Object in Cherwell. Fields are easy to add using StrataCom’s Mobile Experience Designer.
- Now available: the ability to rename the Field names on the type-ahead widget’s search results. Administrators can now rename column headers using the Mobile Experience Designer.
Service Level Agreements are an easy concept to understand but the actual mechanics of how they work is complex. Our August 2021 Cherwell Advanced Practitioner event provides an overview of SLAs in Cherwell CSM 10.2 and touches on topics including: how SLAs work, best practices, and getting started on implementation. Our presenter answers such questions as:
- What defines which SLA will attach to an Incident?
- How does the time the record is created matter?
- How does pending time work? How does “stop the clock” affect this?
- How do we configure/add new SLA’s?
- How do we define custom calendars and business time?
StrataCom offers Advanced Practicitioner Webinar Events providing free, in-depth training on ITSM and Cherwell-specific topics. Please fill out the “Contact Us” form to join our mailing list. You can find a list of previously recorded webinars HERE.
Are you managing projects in Cherwell in Incident or Change management? Many clients are managing smaller projects in Cherwell using these modules. Attach the StrataCom Kanban Boards and Gantt Chart for Cherwell to these Cherwell Objects and they become fantastic mini-project management tools!
This blog post features a YouTube video demoing this helpful functionality!Read More
Learn new ways to experience Cherwell in our feature presentation from the Cherwell Clear Conference in 2020. StrataCom’s product manager will demonstrate how to take your Cherwell implementation to the next level. Elevate your IT service offerings through mobile access, Agile-based development management, enterprise time-tracking, and simple Drag-and-drop interfaces. Learn how other Cherwell customers have extended their Cherwell footprint further into the enterprise by adopting easy-to-use, highly functional bolt-ons.
StrataCom is proud to introduce a fully-functional Gantt Chart for Cherwell! StrataCom’s Gantt chart for Cherwell can be used with any Cherwell Object, including PPM Operational Tasks! Experience the power of Cherwell with a fully drag-and-drop capable Gantt chart.Read More
The Cherwell Marketing Leadership Team and Premier Cherwell Partner, StrataCom, share tips on how you can leverage the combination of Cherwell and Kanban to deliver next-level business workflow process in our webinar: Agile Workflow Platform Management.
This webinar explores:
- What Kanban can mean to your Business Teams, deliver visual workflow to a group immersed in visuals
- Agile Methodology applied across the business brings order to what can be a chaotic and disconnected current state
- Why leveraging Cherwell CSM makes sense for Business Groups, how the Cherwell Marketing Group realized increased productivity, increased quality, and lower cost
- Real-time collaboration, a single pane of glass Kanban experience delivers a fast-clean view of all organizational initiatives with updates by team members instantly displayed